TSA Scholarship Program
TSA's mission is to offer an affordable program for our players and families while maintaining the financial health and sustainability of the league. Timbergrove Sports Association will not deny any child a chance to play due to a financial hardship.
A limited number of scholarships are available based on the league’s annual budget, community sponsorship received, and the overall number of registrants. Since scholarship funds are limited, applicants must meet certain financial criteria. Applicants may be asked to provide additional information to prove the player is eligible for a scholarship.
In addition, families applying for a scholarship acknowledge that the league is run by volunteers and there is an expectation that parents/guardians of scholarship recipients will give back to Timbergrove Sports Association by volunteering or in any way they can.
TSA Scholarship Guidelines
- The scholarship program was established to assist families with financial hardship.
- For players that are accepted into the program, league fees for the season in question will be paid partially by Timbergrove Sports Association.
- Scholarships are neither permanent nor automatically renewed every year and will expire at the end of each season.
- Applicants must meet the scholarship eligibility requirements to be considered for the program.
- A scholarship may be requested for each child in your family that wants to participate in the season.
- Every applicant will be evaluated on their own merit that has met the eligibility requirements.
- If your child currently participates in any type of travel/club team or is taking private sporting lessons of any sort they are not eligible for a scholarship. If a scholarship is granted and the league has reason to believe the player that received the scholarship is involved in any of the above, the scholarship will be immediately revoked and parent/ guardian will be expected to pay the league in full for the registration fees.
- Family members of officers, directors, major contributors and members of the scholarship committee are not eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- Application information will be kept confidential and will be reviewed anonymously by the Scholarship Fund Committee. No information of any kind will be shared.
Families applying for a scholarship acknowledge that the league is run by volunteers and there is an expectation that parents/guardians of scholarship recipients will give back to Timbergrove Sports Association by volunteering or in any way they can, as detailed below.
If your son or daughter receives a scholarship please provide help to the league in the following way:
• Volunteer for tarp duty
• Offer help with Opening Day Festivities
• Assist with Picture Day
• Aid with banner care (hanging and removal)
• Be available to accept snack bar deliveries or help in the snack bar during games
• Obtain a sponsorship for our league
IMPORTANT - if you fail to uphold your volunteer obligation you may be disqualified from receiving scholarship from Timbergrove Sports Association in the future.
How to Apply
To be considered for a scholarship, the following information must be provided:
- Completion of our Scholarship Application which includes a brief written/email explanation of why you are requesting a scholarship
- Proof of residency (ex.- DL, utility bill, car registration, etc.)
Before submitting the scholarship request form, parents and/or guardians should understand the following:
• The scholarship eligibility requirements
• Form must be completely filled out
• All applications need to be received prior to tryouts (see important dates)
Send applications & documents to email@example.com.